[chuck-users] EChucK!

Kevin Nelson rknelson at ucsc.edu
Thu Oct 9 20:35:10 EDT 2008

Hey Les,

I don't mind soldering, but I think that soldering the components together
is a bad idea. Having to heat up the soldering iron to rearrange things
could be quite tedious, and if you're soldering and desoldering the same pad
over and over, there's the potential to burn off the pad or pull out the via
if it is a through-hole.

I'd personally prefer a simple stake header (the kind you'd use for a
jumper). The insides of old PCs typically have one or two cables that have
stake header connectors on them. Molex connectors might be a little more
ubiquitous though.

How small are you planning to make these boards? I used some blue screw-down
terminals for a class that weren't very big (maybe .5cm x .5cm footprint,
1cm tall?)

-Kevin