[chuck-users] determining the type of an Object in code

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 17:17:23 EDT 2008

2008/9/3 mike clemow <gelfmuse at gmail.com>

> Hi list,
>
> Is there a way to determine an object's type programmatically?

I don't think so, I thought for a moment that we could write a massively
overloaded function but then remembered arrays are separate types and

int foo[ ];

is a different type from

int bar[ ] [ ];

So we'd need a infinitely overloaded function...

I'm not sure why you could need this. I'm not sure in what kind of situation
you would get a object from somewhere yet be unaware of it's type; because
of our strong typing I don't think we ever get such objects (which can be
nice yet is related to limitations as well).

Could you illustrate the issue?