[chuck-users] what is Gluck?

Ge Wang ge at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun Sep 14 19:20:13 EDT 2008

Hi!

>> 1. GLucK shall return to ChucK
>> 2. GLucK == OpenGL bindings in ChucK
>> 3. The architecture will perform (hopefully) graphics rendering on different
>> processes, which will be abstracted from chuck code.
>
> Curious about this part...
>
> Are you planning on having OpenGL calls be sent as messages to a
> different process/thread?

Good question.  I think they will be sent to a graphics engine, on a
different process. Essentially we want to keep ChucK computations where
they are, and offload as much graphics as possible to a separate process.
Not sure how this will work in practice...

On the other hand, if we knew what we are doing, it wouldn't be research!

Yeehaw,
Ge!