[chuck-users] determining the type of an Object in code

Peter Todd chuck at xinaesthetic.net
Wed Sep 17 13:09:03 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 5:41 PM, Kassen <signal.automatique at gmail.com>wrote:

> Somewhat unrelated but I noticed that the Spore "creature creator" demo (a
> demo for a new computer game) has a feature to directly export  a video of
> your creation to Youtube. This struck me as a rather clever move of theirs
> to get some free viral marketing. Currently they seem to be finding out what
> happens if you lower the treshold far enough in the form of videos deemed
> obscene but some but that's beside the point.
>
> It struck me that it might be nice for a future update to the Audicle to
> have a feature like that for sharing performances. Likely this wouldn't be
> suitable for documenting bugs because a crashed Audicle would mean no video
> but as a way of sharing short performances I like it.
>
> Hopefully CPU's will be fast enough for such plans by the time we'd get
> round to this :¬).

Probably would be more practical CPU wise to record all user input etc,
probably along with audio, then render to video after.  I think Fluxus has
some similar features now (not sure about the video rendering, but I
definitely read something about recording keystrokes / OSC - not exactly
sure).

Cheers,
Peter