[chuck-users] STK shakers wrench rattling?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 00:28:24 EDT 2008

Hi, list!

I'm having a bit of a problem with the wrench and guiro presets of Shakers;
they won't rattle nicely. That is; they do for the first .noteOn() after the
preset was set but after that the following noteOn's  merely make them
click. I tried all parameters in lots of permutations, I also tried to
understand the source (which has lots of exceptions for these two) but it's
beyond me and some of the comments look scary ;¬).

I'm suspecting this isn't proper behaviour; sometimes messing with the
.energy() parameter will get them to make some sort of noise but no nice
rattles.

Could somebody please comment on this?