[chuck-users] Object reference weirdness

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 15:39:34 EDT 2008

mike;

> What is happening here?  Is this a garbage collection issue?

I think ChucK has about as many garbage collection issues as I have problems
understanding my grand-children...

Could definitely be something that has to do with memory, there are some
issues there; just this morning I think I allocated too much memory too
quickly (say 3/4th of a gig in parallel shreds) and the results weren't
pretty; I think I corrupted the memory of the task manager because I
couldn't even use that to quit the mess. Could be a namespace issue... when
freaking around with namespace too badly weird stuff can happen. Without
having a look I wouldn't rule out that mr. Clemow made a typo or other minor
error somewhere in there as that happens to the best of us.

>  I will
> send my code (and instructions on running it) to anyone who wants to
> take a look, but I'm afraid of subjecting the entire list to my
> spaghetti...  ;-)

I definitely am not looking at that kind of ChucK code right now as I just
turned in a fairly extensive sound design gig that I did in nearly pure
ChucK but over my morning coffee tomorow (in 12 hours or so) would be fine.
Just send it to my address and I'll have a look. No guarantees that I'll
find it, of course, but clearly we need to get to the bottom of this.