[chuck-users] The ChucK Show

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 09:29:16 EDT 2009

Les wrote;

> Here is the description of the ChucK Show:

I tuned in ten minutes late to last weeks show and knew I had the
right station as I was greeted by a lot of patterned, guitar-like
noise. I happen to like improvised radio, I think there is already way
more than enough "safe" and formulaic radio around and Les certainly
brought the goods. Les doesn't play music directly, he plays bits of
code that generate sound. One piece (by Kijjaz) he played a few times
to demonstrate how it sounded different every time. One of the things
that made this especially enjoyable to me was that it was quite clear
that it was Les's first show; his setup was still in a rather
experimental state, requiring that plugs be moved to switch from music
to voice and back. There were odd noises, there were slight mistakes
but Les took them all in his stride and turned them into a part of his
show. When his friend started commenting from the background
(apparently she was less into repetitive noises than some of us are)
he incorporated that as well, but without losing the focus on
presenting interesting music and sonic techniques. Overall it had a
very homely feel (in a good way)

I'm certain this show isn't going to be everybody's favourite though
it made me quite happy, I experienced Les's enthusiasm as quite
contagious. Maybe with a little review (like this) people will be able
to tell whether this is something they'd like.

P.S. I noticed Les missed to the chance to simply and conveniently
link directly to the stream;
http://radio.electro-music.com:8050/listen.pls