[chuck-users] memory exhausted

Gregory Brown gwbrown at uga.edu
Sun Apr 5 10:37:53 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I have written a script that uses a rather data file to generate a
chuck file that is about 24000 lines long and 564KB. When I run the
script I get a "memory exhausted" error. Are there chuck-imposed
limits that I am running into? Is there a way to allocate more memory
to chuck?

I have tested this on two machines, both running OS X, ChucK 1.2.1.2,
2GB of RAM. It does not seem to matter what other processes are
running or how much memory is available (real or virtual)… it always
exits at the same line. Also -- when I cut the file down to a few
thousand lines, it runs fine.

Any thoughts would be great. Thanks,

  - Greg