[chuck-users] Keyboard Stuff

Andrew C. Smith acsmith at willamette.edu
Fri Apr 17 14:38:06 EDT 2009

Have you thought about having a voice map correspond to your key map?
As in, have Db and C# assigned to the same voice, because presumably
if you're using E31 you're looking for pure consonances and not
extreme dissonances.  That way you would only need 12 voices (if each
enharmonic pitch shared a voice with its other enharmonic pitch)
instead of 256.  It would limit your playing somewhat, but it all
depends on what you're going for.

I'm not a very good ChucKist, and I didn't really fully understand
your code, but I do understand the garbage collection problem.  Also,
I'm a dedicated microtonalist, which is one reason why I'm following
this thread.  Good luck!

Andrew