[chuck-users] Keyboard Stuff

Hans Aberg haberg at math.su.se
Fri Apr 17 17:18:27 EDT 2009

On 17 Apr 2009, at 22:22, Kassen wrote:

> Personally I think it's a good thing that ChucK has no inherent idea
> of what voice assignment and cycling mean as that means we get to
> figure out what we need in our specific situation. The developers
> can't foresee what any individual programmer might want or need (I'm
> quite certain they are already very aware of that...)

I have checked a bit with 'top -uR' what happens:

Each new key, which initiates a sound generator, adds in CPU power
after being allowed to settle down and not producing sound anymore
about as much as 3 times when as full program at startup time. So
there is a quick buildup of from these idle generators.

Such a resource consuming problem might be fixed if each sound
generator could turn itself to sleep. Say there is a cutoff-level, or
something.

   Hans