[chuck-users] MIDI event problems-- no note-off events

Andrew C. Smith acsmith at willamette.edu
Mon Apr 20 00:45:27 EDT 2009

I'm running into problems getting the MIDI polyphony working.
Specifically, in the ChucK examples, I'm catching all of the noteon
messages but none of the noteoffs.  One thing, I don't really
understand what "off @=> us[note];" is supposed to do, when "off" is
an Event.  Basically, all of my noteon messages are coming as [144 key
vel] while my noteoffs are coming as [128 key 64].  How does this
work?  I don't see anything for message 128 in the source code.  I'm
testing on this one:
http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/doc/examples/midi/polyfony2.ck

Thanks everyone.  I tried reprogramming my keyboard (Korg Kontrol49)
but I couldn't figure out how to make it work.

Andrew