[chuck-users] Killing thread from without

Hans Aberg haberg at math.su.se
Tue Apr 21 16:58:37 EDT 2009

On 21 Apr 2009, at 21:32, Kassen wrote:

> You can also have the Shred report it's number using me.id() inside
> that shred and set Machine.remove(int id ) loose on that.

One can replace the foo.exit() by:
        if (foo != null)
         Machine.remove(foo.id());
Then the reference is not set to null when it is killed, so one needs
to have:
   fun void bar(dur t) {
     t => now;
     s[x][y] =< r;
     null => foo;
   }
So my use of exit() should have been correct.

One problem is that one gets a lot of printouts:
   [chuck](VM): removing shred: 32 (spork~exp)...
When using <<< ... >>>, printouts cause a slight delays, that at least
on a slow machine may make fast keyboard playing impossible.

   Hans