[chuck-users] Killing thread from without

Hans Aberg haberg at math.su.se
Tue Apr 21 17:15:00 EDT 2009

On 21 Apr 2009, at 23:05, Kassen wrote:

>> One problem is that one gets a lot of printouts:
>>  [chuck](VM): removing shred: 32 (spork~exp)...
>> When using <<< ... >>>, printouts cause a slight delays, that at
>> least on a
>> slow machine may make fast keyboard playing impossible.
>
> That's a good point. I can't look into this right now as I'm packing
> for a livecode/jam session.

I also checked (I think) that it wasn't due to CPU overloads. They
seem to be due to delays in the program.

So if you have a live performance with some rapid movements and delays
are a problem, make sure to turn off as much printouts as possible.

> I think you may be able to stop ChucK from
> printing those by tweaking the "verbose" commandline flag but I'm not
> sure about that.

Thank you. I was starting to think along those lines. But the default
should be that all such printouts are turned off, and turned on in a
debug mode.

   Hans