[chuck-users] writing stereo files

Tom Lieber lieber at princeton.edu
Mon Apr 27 13:13:07 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Robert Poor <rdpoor at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's interesting.  The docs say "WvOut writes samples to an audio file.
>  It supports multi-channel data in interleaved format."  So you can see why
> I was hopeful.
>
> Are you suggesting I write two separate files and then use some tool (e.g.
> Audacity) to re-interleave them?

I believe that description was just copied from STK's WvOut, because
the UGen is hard-coded in all the ***Filename methods to be
single-channel (second argument):

w->openFile( filename, 1, WvOut::WVOUT_AIF, Stk::STK_SINT16 );

And yeah, I'd save the mono files and combine them with another tool
like Audacity.

--
Tom Lieber
http://AllTom.com/