[chuck-users] Array documentation, such as .cap(), .size, etc.

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 07:04:20 EDT 2009

Andrew;

> Where is the documentation for this stuff?

The honest answer is probably "Scattered over /examples/, the manual,
the online docs, the VERSIONS file and with the errata in the list
archives", like all of the other docs. I feel we should consider this
is a good thing; you'll have to look for a while but you'll also find
all of these other things that are also nice and stimulating ;¬).

For arrays the best place right now is probably the VERSIONS file as
the last update added significant additions, I think those are also
demonstrated in /examples/arrays. (Second basement, bottom left
corridor, up the stairs, third shelf, below the skull. Bring a candle
and beware of the cat...)

You may want to beware as right now there are serious issues with
arrays and the type system. I really hope we'll get a speedy fix for
those; it used to be exciting to hunt for them but now it's been
enough, I feel. It'd be nice if the DEV's could spare some time to
comment on whether that issue (or those issues) have now been
documented in sufficient depth to pinpoint and fix the cause.

Cheers,