[chuck-users] chuck and jack

Bozelos Dimitris dbozelos at yahoo.gr
Tue Aug 11 18:21:11 EDT 2009

Hello,

I'm using chuck under linux with jack audio server. Although it is working generally fine, sometimes I get unexpected clicks with error messages in the jack window and I'm trying to figure out what's wrong. I suspect that it is a problem with how linux handles interrupts in real time.

The reason I'm posting here is that I think that the cause might be that I'm often printing on the terminal with <<< >>>; and that, I think demands an interrupt. Because the request comes from chuck which is granted real time priority by jack, it might interrupt the audio and at some points I get these clicks. Does this make sense? Has anyone encountered a similar problem with chuck and jack?

In this case, has anyone used any alternative way of getting feedback from chuck? Maybe, instead of formatting a string and printing on a terminal, send a string through osc to some other interface which would update a constantly displayed message or variable which might be less demanding and not real time priority? Any ideas of what this could be?

That is similar to another problem I have encountered so far, many times I would like to keep an eye to various parameters, both current values and how they change over time, but printing the value on the terminal only when it changes is not enough.

Any ideas welcome.

Cheers,

Dimitris

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;