[chuck-users] FLOSS (user editable) manual for ChucK

Adam Tindale adamtindale at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 3 13:17:31 EST 2009

Currently the examples are hard coded in. This has problems, as we all
know, but it is the best system we have for now. I am not too worried
about it. I have a vision...

Does everyone know the Max/MSP manuals? They are amazing. I have a
dream that every UGEN has a page or two to itself where all the inputs
and outputs are explained and there is a UGEN specific example in the
docs that makes it clear how the features work. I know we can do this!
I would love to get a start on it during the sprint. Even if we
documented the .sync feature of UGENs more I would be happy with that
as a start.

FLOSS manuals has started a page for us. It looks like the system for
us. They have an API for putting the manual to print and giving more
control. It is a bit young but I think we can do some feature requests
and have it grow with us.

I will start preparing the manual for upload and start roughing it on
their site.

--art