[chuck-users] FLOSS (user editable) manual for ChucK

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 09:01:33 EST 2009

2009/12/5 dan trueman <dtrueman at princeton.edu>

> i'd be happy to write some on LiSa, but i'd also love some help, especially
> from you; i clearly only use and understand a fraction of what LiSa is
> useful for!

:-)

I do still have a skeleton for a LiSa-based convolution reverb lying around
somewhere. I seem to remember it's something like 25 lines (I scary stuff).
I'd like to also do a flanger and iir lowpass filter (I'm fairly certain
both can be done)...

There are two downsides to that though; I think that when taken to the
extreme people will wonder what the rest of ChucK is good for and I also
think that the manual should be accessible, not a leading cause for insanity
in computer musicians.

Mostly kidding. Ok, I do think that such examples could be useful in that
creative LiSa-usage does potentially cover a lot of important aspects of
more serious DSP without breaking the cpu-bank like a .last() to a sporked
shred to a Step would. I also think that so far the docs and examples
haven't yet covered how we can do that sort of thing in ways that would
cause some serious issues for SC or Max. We're paying for not
block-precessing (with purring cpu-fans) so we should probably show what
that's actually good for.