[chuck-users] Bouncing .ck to audio files

Robert Poor rdpoor at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 02:17:36 EST 2009

Heh -- I just noticed a typo in the WvOut docutmentation:

> Uncompressed data types are not supported.

The sense bit is flipped, and it should read "Compressed data types
(e.g. mp3) are not supported."  In fact, even better, it should read:
"Compressed data types such as mp3 are not supported, but you can use
WvOut to write a .wav file use a public-domain application such as
Audacity or sox to convert it into a compressed format."  Or something.

- Rob

On 5 Dec 2009, at 21:14, David M wrote:

> Yes, http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/doc/program/ugen_full.html#WvOut
>
> If you want an mp3 file, you'll have to convert the .wav file in
> another program.
>
> 2009/12/5 Ryan Wieghard <ryan.wieghard at gmail.com>
> Hey all,
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to make the output of my .ck file
> an mp3 or wav file.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ryan.
>
> --
> "Le savant n’étudie pas la nature parce que cela est utile ; il
> l’étudie parce qu’il y prend plaisir et il y prend plaisir parce
> qu’elle est belle." - Henri Poincaré

> --
> David M

--:
Robert Poor
e:	robert.poor at nbt-ventures.com
p:	+1 617 818 5115
b:	http://blog.nbt-ventures.com
--:
This message and the information it contains are the proprietary and
confidential property of NBT Ventures and may be privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, disclose or
distribute its contents to any party, and notify the sender immediately.
--: