[chuck-users] Problem with mixed float int lists

Hans Aberg haberg at math.su.se
Thu Dec 10 05:46:56 EST 2009

On 10 Dec 2009, at 00:52, Kassen wrote:

>> Yes, that is it how it appeared in my program. I post a note about
>> it here soon.
>
> It's a interesting case, I hadn't considered it yet. I do feel that
> the current behavior does make some sense. It's simple and
> predictable. Your suggestion does have the advantage of being less
> punishing on what I feel is rather sensible shorthand typing. I
> think that might make sense.

I just made the program available. So you can try it. If you have some
cents values from some source, you can try pasting it into the
program. Then one does not want to fiddle around with the data,
especially if one has many tunings..

>> Yes, one must think carefully as to not have bad rules - the risk
>> is that some unexpected functions may be called.

> Indeed. I wouldn't do this, I think, but I agree that it's
> interesting to contemplate what proper behavior should be. maybe we
> could use some sort of way of forcing the type of anonymous arrays?

The next step would be to have 'chuck' reading and parse it from a
text file. But I like haviong it all into one file - easier to
distribute.

   Hans