[chuck-users] miniAudicle Installation Error

Les Hall inventor-66 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 10 16:29:42 EST 2009

Hi folks,

I just tried to install miniAudicle 0.2.0 (gidora) on my eMac and got
the following error:

The following disk images failed to mount
miniAudicle-0.2.0a.dmg    no mountable file systems

I'm running OSX 10.3.9, which is kind of old.  I cannot upgrade my OSX
because the SuperDrive failed (for the second time), and besides I'm
not to keen on paying Apple "rent" to use my eMac.  I say "rent"
because their OSX upgrades cost $129 and come out every 18 months or
so, resulting in a "rental" payment to Apple of $7 per month.  This is
unacceptable to me so I cannot and will not upgrade my OSX.  Is this
decision also locking me out of miniAudicle upgrades?  Thanks for your
reply.

Les