[chuck-users] Mixed Object Lists and Hierarchy

mike clemow gelfmuse at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 13:30:28 EST 2009

Hi there,

2009/12/12 Stefan Blixt <stefan.blixt at gmail.com>:
> Hmm, you shouldn't have to cast from a subclass to its superclass, should
> you?

Well, this is my feeling as well.  A foo is-a spam.  The object
reference should work fine this way...

spam spam;
spam @=> Foo foo;

Which, in fact, Chuck doesn't complain about.  Lists are confusing, however...

[ spam, spam1 ] @=> Foo foos[];

Incompatible types, however, confusingly...

Spam spam, spam1;
Foo foos[0];
foos << spam;
foos << spam1;

Works just fine!  I have no idea why this should be the case.

Mike

 In this case I'd say that a Bar array extends a Foo array...

http://michaelclemow.com
http://semiotech.org