[chuck-users] Integer divisions

Hans Aberg haberg at math.su.se
Tue Dec 15 07:11:53 EST 2009

On 15 Dec 2009, at 12:07, Stefan Blixt wrote:

> I don't know... isn't this how most of the curly bracket languages
> work?

It is really the C legacy. Typical of C is having a lot of implicit
conversion, also when loosing data.

In Haskell, or at least running interactively in Hugs, "/" on integers
are treated as floats. I figure if one enforces the numbers to be Int
(int) or Integer (multiprecision integer), then the result must be
Rational - multiprecision rational numbers.

> Might as well keep ChucK in line with the other languages. Btw,
> shouldn't it be the same as this:
>
> [Interval.r(1), Interval.r(1), Interval.r(1), Interval.r(1)]

Yes, I was thinking about cents :-), that is the trivial interval.

   Hans