[chuck-users] FLOSS (user editable) manual for ChucK

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 18:21:26 EST 2009

I threw some of the sorting of the (otherwise great) chapter on operators
about a bit.

The version I edited followed the convention of the old manual of putting
"new" and "!" (not) in the same section as operators that take only a single
input and put "-" (minus) in with those. I moved "!" to the logical
operators section, explaining that it's a exception there (in taking a
single argument), put minus in with the math as a side-note (where I feel it
belongs) and elaborated on "new" in relation to "@".

My reasoning here is that in a older version of the pdf "new" was only
mentioned as being similar to "!" in taking a single argument and this was
-at the time- extremely confusing to me as -aside from this- "new" is
nothing like "not" at all. "not" has been a elementary logical operation
since at least Frege, it's the only (non-trivial) single argument operation
in binary logic; it belongs in there.

I'm -again- open for debate here, but a sectioning based on role and
function makes a lot more sense to me than the old sectioning based on the
number of arguments.

Just pointing this out because I don't want to arbitrarily throw stuff about
without justification.

While I was at it I added "~" (bitwise invert) that wasn't previously
documented aside from Stefan's helpful note on the WiKi.