[chuck-users] FLOSS (user editable) manual for ChucK

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 15:04:26 EST 2009

Some more notes;

We may need some more stylistic guidelines. There are a lot of sentence
fragments (as opposed to full sentences) in the manual and considering the
subject matter and the need to frequently break up sentences to illustrate
matters in code that seems unavoidable, but I started capitalising those. I
think this improves readability.

I also need to apologise to Tomasz as I mistakenly attributed the sentence
"In its own screwed-up way, this is kind of nice because....." to him, took
it out, then send him a off-list note commenting on the usage of crude
language in official documents in a way that I -at the time- thought was
amusingly self-referential.

It turns out that line is from the original pdf. For all I know it was Ge
himself pointing out the "screwedupness" of the ChucK operator. That was
completely my mistake.

On the bright side; I cleaned up that paragraph and will document --shell
tonight in penance over my screw-up.