[chuck-users] Hid open by string [bug]

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 18:55:04 EST 2009

Fellow ChucKists, Dear Spencer.

I was going over the VERSIONS file, looking for more things that are lacking
in the manual and found the .open( string name ) member function for Hid and
HidIn.

As far as I can tell this works fine, provided we know the exact name of the
device. The following example will instead crash;

HidIn hi;
hi.open( "foo" );

...this is of course assuming you don't accidentally have a device named
"foo". The following does work for me;

HidIn hi;
hi.open("SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad");

It seems like the existence of the device isn't properly verified before
ChucK attempts to open it. Tested using the latest mini on Ubuntu 9.10