[chuck-users] Hid open by string [bug]

Michael Heuer heuermh at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 13:24:39 EST 2009

Kassen wrote:
> 'ey Spencer!
>> Yup, this is in the works for MIDI also.
>
> Great. That would be very useful for abstracting MIDI devices we own to a
> single class once and have them opened by that class at instantiation. I
> hate coding for MIDI as it's all magic numbers, all the time, so I prefer to
> only have to do it once per device.

Are you referring to some class in ChucK MIDI support, or an user
class in .ck?  I just wrote something simple for the Korg nanoPAD last
night

0 => int device;
NanoPad nanoPad;
KickDrum kickDrum;
kickDrum @=> nanoPad.button1;
nanoPad.open(device);

and was thinking that an abstract MidiDevice.ck would be quite useful.

   michael