[chuck-users] Issue/bug tracker system?

Tomasz Kaye's brain tomasz.brain at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 15:03:09 EST 2009

@Kassen I think you've been maintaining the wiki bug list right? What do you
think about moving it to lighthouse? (or perhaps a different issue tracking
system).

I presumptuously went ahead and copied over all the outstanding bugs from
the wiki page at
http://wiki.cs.princeton.edu/index.php/ChucK/Bugs/Releaseto the
lighthouse system (adding links to archived list threads where
appropriate) http://chuckissues.lighthouseapp.com This gives a clearer
impression of how the system looks when running.

What I dislike about the wiki option is that it currently requires
non-members to request a user with an account on the CS wiki to ask a member
of CS Staff to create an account. That's a significant barrier to reporting
bugs imo. (
http://wiki.cs.princeton.edu/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin&returnto=Main_Page)
At least, It's prevented me from filing them on the wiki so far. By
contrast anyone can register with lighthouse and post stuff there. Hopefully
a system like lighthouse would be easier to maintain, and to keep
manageable, than text on a wiki page too.

(Of course a disadvantage, like with FLOSS manuals, is that the lighthouse
system adds one more ChucK related url)

More thoughts, lighthouse support/dissent welcome!
Merry christmas all!