[chuck-users] Newbie - chuck segfaults...

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 20:07:40 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Michael Heuer <heuermh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>> I've been trying to get started with Chuck today but am having
>> problems. My platform is Gentoo 64-bit. I've tried compiling chuck
>> with both Alsa and Jack support and am having some trouble with each.
>
> Hello Mark, if you are on the gentoo 64-bit no-multilib profile then
> ChucK will compile but not work.  You might be able to get things
> working if you are on multilib and can build 32-bit versions of
> ChucK's dependencies.
>
>   michael

Hey Michael,
   Thanks for the idea. I got lucky. After looking at waht Chuck
installed I saw that it was really just a single file for each sound
environment. (Alsa and Jack in my case) I built Chuck on my wife's
32-bit Gentoo machine and copied the executables to my 64-bit desktop.
The Alsa one seems to work fine. I've playing a number of donated
files from the forums and they seem to be working fine. The Jack
version isn't working. That may be a mismatch between the ways the two
machines are set up so I'll check that out later, but for now at least
I have sound and can start studying.

   I apprecaite your help!

Cheers,
Mark