[chuck-users] Newbie - chuck segfaults...

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 17:01:25 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 10:40 PM, Atte André Jensen
<atte.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>> That may be a mismatch between the ways the two
>> machines are set up so I'll check that out later, but for now at least
>> I have sound and can start studying.
>
> A thought:
>
> I find that if I do "make linux-alsa" and then "make linux-jack" the second
> binary is messed up somehow, seems like a Makefile problem. So what I
> normally do is to *always* build from a fresh un-tar'ed source. Could be
> worth a try...
>
> --
> Atte
>
> http://atte.dk    http://modlys.dk

I'll look at that. Thanks. It seems like that's what the Gentoo ebuild
is actually doing. I watch it build the code and it builds it twice.

For now working with the Alsa version is more than challenging for me.
As I'm not by training or trade a programmer this will take come time
and with all the great examples I'm certainly not limited by not
having Jack.

Cheers,
Mark