[chuck-users] cheap parallel ChucKing

mike clemow gelfmuse at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 12:13:55 EST 2009

This makes me wish that there was a way to specify which TCP port the
chuck VM listens to when invoked on the commandline.  That way I can
chuck code at both VMs.

I suppose that OSC listeners on both VMs will work properly.  I could
have nearly doubled the power of my granular synthesis project last
semester.  *sigh*  But you could easily set up an OSC inter-process
communication scheme between the two VMs and have one VM act as a
slave to the other.  UDP is bad for maintaining state, since you can
easily lose packets.  For the most part, though, I tend to just design
the system so that packet-loss isn't that important.

Let's here it for the creative mis-use of OSC!

-Mike

http://michaelclemow.com
http://semiotech.org