[chuck-users] Fresh bug

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 20:09:37 EST 2009

Mike;

> WWJD? (What Would Java Do?)
>
> Oh boy...

Admittedly that could have been seen as being in moderately bad taste but
sometimes such things are too good to pass up on for me.... ;¬)

> This is what we're trying to do, right?
>
> int count;
> 3 % (++count) => count;

Basically what I'm trying to do is this;
//let's march;
++step%4 => step;

to generate; 0,1,2,3,0,1,2,3,0,1,2.....

> This makes sense.

To me constructs like that are quite essential in -for example- generating a
clock with a counter for a repeating beat, yes.

>  Of course, the answer to the question WWJD is
> really "throw an error telling us why it makes no sense" rather "crash
> outright."  ;-)
>
> But that's why we love this list.

Java just has more people testing it (at least right now, clearly this must
be remidied in time).