[chuck-users] Summer DSP Course (in ChucK)

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 19:58:39 EST 2009

2009/2/20 Ge Wang <ge at ccrma.stanford.edu>:
> Dear all,
>
> Perry and I will be teaching a 1-week intensive summer course on Sound
> Synthesis and Digital Signal Processing in ChucK, to take place from July
> 6th - July 10th, at CCRMA, Stanford University.

Lovely!

For those unable to attend due to the location there is another chance;

In June (probably 15-19) there will be a workshop on ChucK at Steim in
Amsterdam, Netherlands (http://www.steim.org). This is a part of Steim's
series of workshops this summer, also featuring one on junXion and one on
Handmade Electronic Music by Nicolas Collins.

I'll be teaching this, aiming predominantly at those who have (some)
experience working with music/sound and would like to get into (ChucK)
programming to extend their options, recognising that while programming need
not be hard at all it may not always be easy to figure out where to start on
one's own. Because we'll be at STEIM and in the interest of keeping things
practical (and fun!) we'll work towards designing and developing
individualised instruments, in the widest sense of that word, for
participants. While doing that participants will be learning about how ChucK
works and -more importantly- how they can work with ChucK.

More information and exact details to follow. Do shout for questions (or
early reservations) and I'll see what I can do for you.