[chuck-users] Parallel Shreds

Eric Hedekar afterthebeep at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 21:50:58 EST 2009

Hi, I'm just curious as to how parallel chuck's processing actually is?
I've read in the ICMC2003 paper that "ChucK is a concurrent language, which
allows multiple independent paths of computation to be executed in
parallel." That implies (to my ear anyway) that ChucK allows each shred to
run on it's own processor core in a multi-core processor.  Is this the case,
or is it merely an 'illusion of parallelism' whereby the parallel processing
is merely a higher-level construct of shreds advancing time on their own
accord in the VM?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

-Eric Hedekar