[chuck-users] dur frame?

Tom Lieber lieber at princeton.edu
Thu Jan 29 02:36:44 EST 2009

2009/1/29 Kassen <signal.automatique at gmail.com>:
>> How large is n usually in your projects?
>
> Good question.
> I'm not at home right now so I can't check all my files but typically I try
> to push it down as far as it will go for projects that require realtime
> input and leave it at whatever the default is otherwise. I seem to remember
> I tend to end up with something like 128 or 256 samples or so, not sure.
>
> Why?

Just curious. I wasn't quite sure what you were proposing in your post
originally. I thought maybe you were proposing that we find a suitable
size for frame and include it in ChucK. But reading it again now, it
seems like you're just looking for a way to get a summary of all the
Hid input data that was missed during the last frame?

Also, knowing your number is interesting. I usually tend toward not
pushing things enough. Though I haven't used any controllers that need
really tight feedback loops, I usually settle for something closer to
10Hz.

--
Tom Lieber
http://AllTom.com/