[chuck-users] syncing computers with OSC

james.hurlbut at utoronto.ca james.hurlbut at utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 29 11:56:38 EST 2009

Hi Guys, thanks for all the input to my question. As you can see in my
original post, my issue was with the sample OSC sync code I downloaded
from the Plork site which was generating 16th note sync messages that
were way off to any pair of ears. So yes, my question was concerning
creating decent musical sync messages over OSC.

Sure, my players can gaze each other deep into the eyes or setup some
sort of janky nudging system but for my purposes I need things to be
musically synced bpm wise as the players will have little or no
musical talent, and well, lined up beats just sound good to my MTV ears.

Sorry if I set off all y'alls ubernerdiness with the incorrect "sample
accurate" description. Kassen, you being an electro rock star, maybe
you have some insights or code to share to get an aspiring chuck dj
superstar on the way to synced techno bliss? I would much prefer to be
spending my limited chuck time making music than figuring out the
idiosyncracies of UDP. Thanks all!

james