[chuck-users] Kassen's Phasor

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 12:01:02 EDT 2009

Michael Heuer;

> It's not always terribly easy to implement a pseudo-random number
> generator, but it is straightforward, and often they are very well
> documented.

Quite so, you must have overlooked that I tried to point this out in the
post that you quoted. We can simply roll our own. There is a excellent
treatment on noise in electronic music by John Ffitch in the CSound Handbook
that I very much recommend, it goes into such concerns and it's a worthwhile
read if your local library would stock it.

The most serious random number generators are always open source and well
documented, BTW. Our digital security (banking, military, server
administration, etc) depends on them so to make sure they are secure they
are always heavily analysed. You could pick one of those then that would
give you a mathematical guarantee that nobody will ever be able to humm
along to your songs ;-).