[chuck-users] Kassen's Phasor

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 12:15:50 EDT 2009

2009/7/17 mike clemow <gelfmuse at gmail.com>

> FWIW, I really want to use LiCK, but I haven't found the time to dig in
> yet...

Same here.

I could indeed see a use for a library object that would provide various
kinds of randomness. Particularly things like standard normal distributions
would be useful, for example in controlling grains. That would be one kind
of noise that's not yet covered by the build in tools and that's general
enough to be universally useful, unlike things like chaotic functions or
random walks that seem -to me- top be too specific.

I could also imagine how a emulation of dice (with the sort of notation used
in tabletop  roleplaying games) could be useful as a intuitive way of
expressing ranges and distributions for impulsive usage like livecoding.
Then again, maybe I'm just exposing myself as a nerd here...