[chuck-users] Getting Started with ChucK

Lucas Samaruga samarugalucas at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 19:40:15 EDT 2009

Hi

In ChucK you don't have .kr or .ar signal divided, the kr signals are
defined in the code with control structures related to the time
structure. And the programming paradigm is a bit different.

SinOsc mod => blackhole;
SinOsc car => dac;

440 => float bfreq;
20 => mod.freq;
300 => mod.gain;

// the connection between ugens is inside the loop
while( true ) {
    bfreq + mod.last() => car.freq;
    64::samp => now; // kr
}

In the docs are a lot of examples. sync is other option, see
/examples/basic/fm*.ck

best
Lucas