[chuck-users] Getting Started with ChucK

Hans Aberg haberg at math.su.se
Tue Jul 21 12:42:31 EDT 2009

On 21 Jul 2009, at 17:59, Kassen wrote:

> Lisp does and most things based on it so that includes Scheme which
> in turn means Fluxus uses anonymous functions. Fluxus might be a
> nice system if you want Lambda's and creative programing, it even
> has a (modest) extension for  sound but it's mainly OpenGL.

I though that perhaps OCaml might be a good candidate. One reason is
that it gives good performance.
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OCaml

There is a package Haskell package Haskore <http://haskell.org/haskore/
 > for doing MIDI that perhaps can give some ideas of the usability of
lambda-calculus in music. Haskell though, because of its overall
laziness, needs to use monads to express typing of imperative
structures. Could be a bother in music.

   Hans