[chuck-users] browser-controlled circular synth

Andrew Turley aturley at acm.org
Thu Jul 30 09:57:56 EDT 2009

The processing issue . . . I'm not sure what's going on there. Just as
a quick check, did you install the oscP5 library and make sure it was
working? I'll give it a try on a few other computers and see what
happens.

When you start the server it will just sit there. It should be writing
a log file called /tmp/polosc.out. Yeah, I guess I should have given a
little more feedback there.

Ug, I shouldn't put together documentation late at night. I spotted
some problems in the README.txt
1. Yup, it should be cscontrol.html, not cscontroller.html.
2. The instructions I give on starting the HTTP-OSC bridge have it
listening on port 8000, but in the step about going to the URL I
forget to mention that.
So if you run on port 8000 you shouldn't have to worry about your
existing apache installation. Just start it up with this command:

python polosc/polosc.py 8000 cs2.map cs.not

The point your browser to this URL:

http://HOSTNAME:8000/cscontrol.html

I've updated README.txt. The link at the bottom of the blog post now
points to the corrected version.

Thanks for taking a look, and thanks for the feedback. Sorry about the problems.

andy