[chuck-users] assignment (BUG?)

Lucas Samaruga samarugalucas at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 18:21:17 EDT 2009

Hi Kassen, all

I really think the problem is simple. (Sorry if I missunderstand part
of the discussion but is complicated to me understand some English
styles).
We have values and referencies. An in ChucK we have one assignment
operator for values and other for referencies.
In ChucK is not possible to create references to primitive tipes.

int @i;
[Untitled]:line(1): cannot declare references (@) of primitive type
'int'...
[Untitled]:line(1): ...(primitive types: 'int', 'float', 'time', 'dur')

The problem here (i think) is that the reference assignment operator
acts like a value assignement operator too.
Different is the case when the assignment opertor acts over objects
(being UGens) that is the ChucK operator.
We have one "massive overloaded chuck operator" and a reference
assignement operator that haven't defined it behavior on primitive
values.

greetings
Lucas