[chuck-users] implementing a "wait for signal with timeout"

mike clemow gelfmuse at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 10:14:44 EDT 2009

Linux 2.6 w/ realtime-patched kernel.  I run a cluster of headless AMD
Athlon machines with ChucK on each.  Each machine only has 256mb of
RAM, however, and I'm not surprised about the fact that ChucK can use
it all.  When it happens, the machine starts spewing error messages to
the console (which I never saw until I looked at the output of the
monitor--i usually login via ssh), which prevents me from logging in
and killing the process.  It also prevents me from logging in via ssh.
 I want to send some of this output, which specifically mentions the
process named "chuck" and un-reclaimable memory, to you folks, but
it's going to be difficult to capture.

I wonder if there's a way to specify a memory quota for a process in
Linux.  If it tries to use more, it gets killed by the OS...  I'm
speculating here.

-mike

--
http://michaelclemow.com