[chuck-users] The ChucK Show

Les Hall inventor-66 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 17 07:53:13 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

I'd just like to say thanks to all who replied with new material for
the show a while back, I was able to obtain and feature some of the
works but not all.  One of the links didn't work and for some reason
I'm having trouble playing works that use samples in a directory
residing next to the .ck file, but anyway there was enough new material
to keep things interesting last week.

If you have any .ck or .mp3 files that you would like me to play on the
show, please let me know where to find them, this is an ongoing
request.  The best thing to do is email them to me
(inventor-66 at comcast.net) though attaching .ck files to ChucK Users
posts works as does posts to the forum or links to your files.  I don't
seem to have the best luck with cutting and pasting code from websites,
and that is time consuming anyway but I'm happy to do it if that's how
your work is available.

I'm preparing for show number 13 this week, and from here on out I'll
be playing some repeats of classic songs and ChucK files from the past
as well as playing guitar through some funky ChucK guitar processing
programs.  If you linked me to some work and didn't hear it on the
show, please let me know so I can remedy that situation.

Also I'd like to mention the Summer Solstice concert which is a 15 hour
event broadcast on both www.electro-music.com and www.stillstream.com
as a joint venture.  There will be about two dozen artists of all
electro-music genres from all around the world and I'll be featuring
some ChucK material for half an hour, I believe at 1pm EST (or was it
noon, i forget - GMT is so confusing to me).  Anyway, you might want to
tune in it will be a lot of fun - and consider stopping by the
electro-music.com chatroom during the event if you like.

Oh, and I talked to ChucK and he said the show is a little weird but he
likes it.  Hmmm, OK, personifying ChucK is rather strange but I find it
humorous.

Les
(Inventor)