[chuck-users] eChucK Update

Les Hall inventor-66 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 17 12:22:33 EDT 2009

Vilson,

I'd be happy to send you a board.  Also the Eagle CAD design files for
it are posted on the eChucK forum Eagle CAD is freeware and
cross-platform to Mac, PC, and Linux, so that's why I use it.  Well,
actually if you use it for profit you have to pay for it, but for us
hobbyists it's free.  The maximum allowable board size is small but
sufficient for many small projects.  If you download the files you
won't have to reverse engineer the board but I'll send you the last
remaining board anyway.  It's nothing special, but it will give you the
idea of what's going on.  Oh, and if you prefer I have one board that's
already chopped up into little boards.  Please email me
(inventor-66 at comcast.net) with the mailing list and your preference as
to which board you would prefer me to send (whole or chopped up).  And
especially thanks for participating in the project, I'm sure it will be
wonderfully educational.

Les

Mark,

Thanks for the encouraging words.  I'm beginning to realize that having
these first four boards made was primarily an exercise in learning
Eagle CAD and working with a board house as a hobbyist, plus more
importantly it has provided sort of a focal point for getting the ball
rolling on the eChucK project, even if we never use these first boards
in practice.  It helped make people realize that the project is
tangible and real and ever so slowly gaining momentum, etc.  The cost
at the board house I used was $100 for four boards, 3" x 4" in size.
That's double sided with solder mask and screen printing, but not
chopped up into little boards.  So that works out to about $30 each
including shipping.  Not cheap, but acceptable I suppose.  I hope you
enjoy your perusal of the eChucK forum and please feel free to post a
message if you like, the more people who chime in, the more excited
other people will become.  Enjoy.

Les