[chuck-users] Reactable

Andrew Turley aturley at acm.org
Sat Jun 20 11:22:53 EDT 2009

Sadly, the Reactable and ChucK don't really play nice together. It
uses a protocol called TUIO, which is based on OSC (OpenSoundControl).
While ChucK does have some support for OSC, TUIO uses messages that
can have an arbitrary number of arguments, which ChucK's OSC receiver
does not support.

Hopefully protocols like TUIO (and it's use by the Reactable) will
encourage someone in the ChucK developer community to look into
addressing this issue. I keep meaning to have a look at the source
code to try to figure out what's going on, but I never quite get that
far.

For more discussion of this issue, check out this thread:
http://electro-music.com/forum/post-138241.html

If you're interested in this type of thing then you should take a look
at the "Tangible User Interface Hack Day" that took place a few weeks
ago. There's some info over at CDM:
http://createdigitalmotion.com/2009/06/18/tangible-interface-hackday-games-creations-and-more-to-come/

andy