[chuck-users] Trying to get start with Chuck on MAC - USING TERMINAL

gary hiebner soundbasestudios at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 00:05:13 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone,
I am new to Chuck. I saw Ge's video on the Apple website and am very
interested in getting into Chuck as an audio tool for live performance. I
seem to be having a problem getting it to run. I have tried going through
the start up manual as it says, but keep getting the same error.

I have added chuck to my usr/bin/

When I check through the /usr/bin I can see chuck there, so it has been
added successfully.

Then I type the >chuck in Terminal

I don't get the [chuck]: no input files.... message

i tried typing the command:

> chuck // connect sine oscillator to D/A convertor (sound card)

But just get the following error message:

-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

Is there something else I am not doing correctly?

I have tried in miniAudicle, and everything works fine there,

But would like to get this working from the Terminal.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Regards,

--
Gary Hiebner
SoundBase Productions

This message contains privileged and confidential information intended only
for the person or legal entity to which it is addressed. Any review,
re-transmission, copy or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient, is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please
delete the material from any computer. Although all outgoing messages are
scanned using Anti-virus Software, we can not accept responsibility for any
harm or damage attributable to the distribution of electronic mail from our
servers.