[chuck-users] small docs/web-page note

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 05:58:44 EDT 2009

Fellow ChucKists,

I'd like to suggest we note ChucK's inability to run on 64 bit platforms on
the download page. I feel this limitation is under-documented, particularly
compared to the relative availability of 64 bit processors and OS's
(especially Linux). This turns out to lead to confusion and disappointment;
a single line on that page would save people the effort of downloading,
compiling, troubleshooting and finally posting to the list or forum. There
have -of course- been list topics on this limitation, as well as some effort
to remidy it; most of us will be aware of that but this isn't clear to
potential new users who aren't -yet- on this list.

It's a very minor issue but IMHO it doesn't reflect well on us to not point
this out.