[chuck-users] small docs/web-page note

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 12:25:58 EDT 2009

Hi,
   I am below a newbie in my use of ChucK so don't expect much from
me. I'm not a programmer, don't know much about C or ChucK itself.
However I can report that ChucK is running fine on my Gentoo 64-bit
system, but I got there in a special way. I built ChucK on my wife's
Gentoo 32-bit desktop and then simply copied the 32-bit executable
over to my 64-bit machine. It runs fine as far as I can tell. I've run
pretty much every demo file I can fine. No problems with any of them,
at least to a casual observer.

   I am careful to keep all of our Gentoo machines more or less in
sync with the same libraries, C compilers, etc., and I keep 32-bit
emulation libraries on my 64-bit machine for numerous reasons so this
might just be luck but there isn't any problem so far running ChucK on
64-bit here.

   Maybe a better statement would be that ChucK won't build on a
64-bit machine? I was unable to do that.

Cheers,
Mark