[chuck-users] benchmarking UGens

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 14:08:02 EDT 2009

Kassen wrote:

> Let's say a bag of candy costs 2$, a piza is 4$ and driving to the store
> costs me 1$. This means buying a bag of candy costs 3$ (in practice), a
> piza would cost me 5$ but driving o the store to buy both would only by
> 2+4+1=7$ as I'd only have to drive once. Here driving equates to "having
> a shred".

But if the prize of driving were magnitudes lower (say $.01) than candy
and pizza and you could only pickup one thing at a time, you could
compare the prize of candy and pizza by getting 100 of each:

pizza: 100 * (4 + 0.01) = 401
candy: 100 * (2 + 0.01) = 201

Still the picture is a little screwed by the cost of driving, but if
that's low (and my tests suggest the shreds are) you're pretty close.

Still I'm gonna work with your idea! Stupid me doesn't know of a way to
pass arguments to a chuck file from the commandline. I'd rather not have
the 100 as in "create 100 SinOsc's" hardcoded in the files.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk    http://modlys.dk